- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- I Cup Cornstarch
- 2 TBSP Extra Light Olive Oil
- 10 drops Essential Oil
- Spray Bottle
- Water or Witch Hazel
- Food coloring / Soap coloring
- Jar or recycled candle jar
- Cardstock / Tag
- Dried Herbs / Sea Salt (Optional)
- Silicone Ice Tray / Cookie Cutters
- Bamboon Spoons (I got mine here)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch)
- Add in extra light olive oil; mix. Add essential oil.
- Combine water and a few drops of food coloring in a spray bottle.
- SLOWLY start to spray mixture into the bowl, mixing as you spray. If you add too much water, it will start to fizz and expand so do this step slowly.
- Keep adding water until it is a wet-sand-like consistently (Just wet enough that the sand will stick together.)
- Pack mixture into a silicone ice tray. If you want to make a perfect square-shape, use a butter knife to scrape across the top.
- Let sit in the mold for about two minutes.
- Pop out of mold and let them dry overnight.
The measurements I used, with the tray size I used, makes between 50-60 small cubes which filled two large jars.