Who doesn't love chicken nuggets? Odds are if you're reading this YOU do. They are notorious for being a comfort food though. Not only can they be considered "bad" for you, but the frozen bags at the grocery store are expensive too. As a college student whose boyfriend loves those expensive bags, I had to find a new solution... Did I mention he's a very picky eater?
Here is my recipe--feel free to make any substitutions; the possibilities are endless!
- Whole Wheat Flour (You can also use Panko or any other flour of choice)
- Black Pepper
- Kickin' Chicken Seasoning (Again, use any seasoning you like)
- 1 Egg
- Milk (I used 2%, feel free to use soy or any other kind)
- Chicken Breast (I used 2 breasts but you can make extra and freeze it!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine flour and seasoning into one small bowl. No exact measurements are needed, just eyeball
- Combine whipped egg with 2-3 tablespoons of milk in separate bowl
- Cut thawed chicken into chunks
- Dip chicken chunks into egg mixture and then directly into flour mixture
- Set on baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown